pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.14.2.90 "A Bouquet of Corpses"

From: Douglas Bollinger
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.14.2.90 "A Bouquet of Corpses"
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 11:45:45 -0500

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:40:36 -0700
Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Up and running now!  Compiling's actually fun now that I have a dual
> opteron to do it with, and I don't have to worry about overheating as I
> did with my old Athlon-C 1.2, which I'd run at 100% CPU and overclocked to
> 1.33, doing distributed.net, until it was no longer stable.  Scaling it
> back helped, but it'd still oops frequently if I let it run to hot or at
> 100% CPU as when compiling for to long.  The dual opteron (only 242s, but,
> hey..) with a gig of memory slices thru compiles fast enough it hardly has
> TIME to get hot!  <g>

Are you running a 64 bit version of Linux?  I'm using a dual XP 2100 right
now for address@hidden crunching and general use.  It loves abuse and is
running 100%
CPU usage at all times and is _very_ stable.  I'm probably going to bump-up
to regular MP2800's just to max this system out this spring, but I'm
definitely keeping a eye on the Opterons for down the road.

Bringing it back ontopic, if you are using 64 bit OS, has does Pan work?

--
A Parable of Modern Research:

        Bob has lost his keys in a room which is dark except for one
brightly lit corner.
        "Why are you looking under the light, you lost them in the dark!"
        "I can only see here."