pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.92 and unread messages

From: George sherwood
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.92 and unread messages
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 17:29:54 -0400

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 10:47:59 -0400
George sherwood <address@hidden> wrote:

> Downloaded and built 0.92 this morning.  Really getting some of the
> bugs fixed.  From limited testing today, it appears to now download
> new messages and mark them unread.  I am able to navigate normally to
> the new messages.  Only problem I am seeing is that in some of the
> groups, every time I click on that group, the oldest and second to
> oldest message gets marked as new and unread.  I haven't been able to
> figure out why some newsgroups do it and others do not.
>
> What can I provide to help track this down?
>
> Keep up the great work.  This version feels very good.

Little more information.  This was happening with the server set to
never expire articles.  After I set to expire after two months, the
problem has gone away for now.

Also, I have figure out one of the things I miss, most from the old
version.  Being able to use "G" to move to the next newsgroup with
unread messages.

George Sherwood