pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Policy discussion: GNKSA

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Policy discussion: GNKSA
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 23:08:26 +0000 (UTC)

Heinrich Mueller posted on Sun, 03 Jul 2011 17:27:36 +0200 as excerpted:

> On 07/03/11 13:03, Duncan wrote:
>> Looking at HMueller's git logs, I'm guessing he had no clue on pan's
>> history and GNKSA when he did the following commit (log excerpt, there
>> was more to the commit but this is the pertinent part for us):
>>
>> commit 9f3b662bb94474c833a0c1af4d1a265e83279cd1 Author: Heinrich
>> Müller<address@hidden>
>> Date:   Mon Jun 27 10:19:22 2011 +0200
>>
>>      [+] changed max connections to 20

> I'll revert that. Sorry about that, I didn't know.

I figured and said as much, and if it had just been that I'd have sent
you a private message instead of the public one.

But I knew the discussion was going to need to be had at some point, and
this presented a reasonable opportunity to have it, so...

Anyway, thanks.  So far it does seem the overwhelming preference is to
keep GNKSA, so reversion looks to be reasonable.

I suspected that might be the preference as people who strongly disagreed
would have likely gone elsewhere already, the "asking the choir effect",
I suppose it could be called, but that doesn't mean the debate doesn't
need to happen, just in case, AND to establish a reasonable policy going
forward, since the question will inevitably come up in that and other
ways again.  It always does, and with pan active again now and perhaps
bringing in new users and devs as a result, it's even more inevitable.
So getting a consensus and establishing some sort of a policy is a
reasonable thing to do.

Thanks again, for being a good sport about my dragging it out as an
example, too. =:^)