Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Multiple email accounts support

From: Del
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Multiple email accounts support
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:12:45 +1100

Tony (Angles) Puglisi wrote:

> Here's my email TODO (in order, one builds upon the other):
>
>  * finish IMAP search code, add a search box to bottom of index page
>  * finish the email filtering code
>  * make support for multiple EMAIL accounts
>  * implement searching for POP3 accounts (fake imap searching)
>  * mimic all this capability in the socket classes
>  * implement multiple email accounts
>  * expand search capability to "meta" search, i.e. search in multiple
> folders, on
> different servers, whether POP or IMAP.
>  * implement filters to be able to redirect mail throught these multiple
> accounts
> and/or folders.

Hi Angles, et al,

As I mentioned to jengo earlier, I have PGP working in HORDE/IMP and I've
started on S/MIME (about 25% done).  We have had to do a bit of a major
re-write to the HORDE/IMP code to get that going, mostly because it was
fairly badly written to start with, but my first look at the e-mail client
in phpgroupware seems to indicate that it would be much easier to port
it to phpgroupware.

The main issues with HORDE/IMP were the proliferation of top level functions
to do anything, the lack of object oriented design (not a problem in phpgw),
and the fact that it didn't handle MIME all that well.  For example, it can't
handle a MIME body inside another MIME body, which is required for any
signed mail.

Where would PGP and/or S/MIME capability fit into the above priority list?
Just so I know when to start porting and submitting patches.  I'm not a
phpgw developer yet so I will have to use the patch mechanism to get code
in.

I'd like to hold off on submitting any patches until I get the S/MIME
code working, so it's at least a month or so away yet.

--
Del