Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Multiple email accounts support

From: Tony (Angles) Puglisi
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Multiple email accounts support
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 20:27:16 +0000

I've recently taken interest in SMIME and printed out the RFC's, however I would
love to coordinate with Del on this, see below for where and when. When the
structure is done right, the elements are properly exposed for further
manipulation
by a calling app/class.

===  Updated email TODO List:  ===
again, one builds off the other

*1* Finish n-tier coding
Side benefits: n-tiering the message.php page will expose the totally processed
and
structured message data for total and easy manipulation, this is when SMIME
and/or
GPG/PGP should be merged in (at least on the decoding side). Also when the send
code
is n-tiered then the BCC code should go there, and spell checking could go there
too, and SMIME on the encoding side.

*2* Propogate new email prefences methods into the base prefs class
This allows the total automation of email prefs, therefor adding a preference
for a
"small" mailing list at this point is "not-a-big-deal", therefor allowing for
"human
understandable" addition of mail filters and extra account info to prefs,
although
extra accounts are supposed to be integrated with the other stuff and therefor
should be implemented later.

*3* finish IMAP search code, add a search box to bottom of index page
Realy should finish n-tiering before I do this anyway.

*4* finish the email filtering code

*5* make support for multiple EMAIL accounts

*6* implement searching for POP3 accounts (fake imap searching)
May be a big deal, may be simple, haven't looked into it yet, the socket
version of
this capability *may* be a big deal though.

*7* mimic all this capability in the socket classes
I'm going to put this here as the time this could be started, but I'll hold off
on
it in order to get the stuff below done first.

*8* implement multiple email accounts

*9* expand search capability to "meta" search, i.e. search in multiple folders,
on
different servers, whether POP or IMAP.
I thought again about this, and maybe like the infolog, to really be a
"meta-search"
it should include stuff outside of email messages. To "do this right" and still
understand the code, it's better to coordinate with other apps and expose a
modular
search capability. However, dome degree of "semi-mega" search code will be
necessary
for the next item.

*10* implement filters to be able to redirect mail throught these multiple
accounts
and/or folders.