qemacs-devel

build log of qemacs github version

From: Piscium
Subject: build log of qemacs github version
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 15:04:21 +0100

Hi Charlie,

You asked to see the warning messages when building. I am attaching a
file with them for building the version in github, that succeeded.

I also tried to build the most recent version in cvs and it failed at
the end in the link stage. Funny thing is that building an old version
that is in cvs, the one that is in the Arch AUR package, sometimes
succeeded, sometimes failed, also in the link stage. I did not want to
spend much time investigating it as it is a 7 years old version. If
you want I can send you logs of the cvs head build too, although not
necessarily I will be able to reproduce the link failure.

Today I created my first ever package for Arch with the github version
of qemacs and it worked the first time I ran it. I am now using it.
The package probably can be improved but it is good enough for now.
This package is for my own use for now, although in a few weeks I
might try to ask someone in the Arch community to upload it or
something along those lines. We will see.

Cheers.