savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] Re: User registration problem

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: User registration problem
Date: 22 Apr 2003 11:06:55 +0200

Aminudin Khalid <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> Dear savannah developers ,
>
> I wanna setup  savannah at my work place. I followed the steps and had
> successfully  get savannah works (not actually, it only could be
> accessed without any user registration and cvs ). I stucked  at
> "CREATING AN ADMIN ACCOUNT". I tried to register and admin account
> buat savannah didn't send a confirmation/verification e-mail .  FYI,
> sendmail is running ;  I checked the log file, nothing that is
> significant. I tried  "tail -f /var/log/maillog" as well ; no response
> from sendmail  during registration  :(.
>
> To test my sendmail , I've  created  a very simple PHP script  as follows :
>
> <?php
>   mail("address@hidden","TEST email","This is a testing","From
> Aminudin");
> ?>
>
> It worked and I received the email with the above scripts. Certainly
> the problem didn't come from sendmail .
>
> What do u guys think about this problem ? Hope somebody can help me to
> solve this .......

Hi,
It pretty hard to find out in which circumstances mail() fails to
work.

But you can with mysql override account infos. Do you have phpmyadmin
installed?
In the user table, from the savannah database, from the user admin,
you should set
        status  A

The account should be working for this user. After, you'll, indeed
need to find out why the mail() did not work.

I do not know how mail() works but it seems to ignore
/etc/aliases. Was address@hidden the admin mail?

--
Mathieu Roy