savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] Re: User registration problem

From: Aminudin Khalid
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: User registration problem
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:33:07 +0800

Hi,
It pretty hard to find out in which circumstances mail() fails to
work.

But you can with mysql override account infos. Do you have phpmyadmin
installed?
Yes , I have phpmyadmin installed . Surely I could add/modify the database .
In the user table, from the savannah database, from the user admin,
you should set
       status  A

The user admin is not even in the database. This means "database + sendmail" didn't receive anything from savannah (well, I could add this manually with phpmyadmin)

The account should be working for this user. After, you'll, indeed
need to find out why the mail() did not work.

I do not know how mail() works but it seems to ignore
/etc/aliases. Was address@hidden the admin mail?

Below is the actual scripts and it does work with sendmail correctly because I received the message and /var/log/maillog has the "sent" message. (address@hidden) is the admin email.

<?php

 mail("address@hidden","Testing","Testing","Power Rangers");