savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] Re: User registration problem

From: Aminudin Khalid
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: User registration problem
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:56:53 +0800

Mathieu Roy wrote:
Normally, Savannah works with PHP3 and PHP4.

Savannah was written in PHP3 initially because of licensing
issue now resolved.
But as we have something working with both PHP version, until we have
a strong reason to remove PHP3 support, I think we will keep it that
way.

If you need to modify the code for PHP4, please, submit commented
patches. A priori, it should work. It work on my local installation
where I have PHP4, it works on some others savannah developers
installation which have also PHP4.

Can you provide error message you get and tell us which PHP version
you run?
Below is the version of PHP installed on my  RH8.0 machine (RPM installation) :
                php-4.2.2-8.0.5

There was no error message at all. It just that the registration process could'nt finish and it  returned the user registration page back .  Normally if the installation success it supposed to display a page with  below message (but this didn't happen and there is no new entry in the database as well):

          You are now being sent a confirmation email to verify your email
           address. Visiting the link sent to you in this email will activate
           your account.

So , I checked the PHP variable in  savannah/www/account/register.php . There is a global variable called  $Register that determined whether  it is "first time to page" or not. I tried to print the value , but it gave empty value . So I  added the following lines on top of  savannah/www/account/register.php  :

global $Register;
$Register = $_REQUEST[Register];

After this  the "confirmation message"  could be displayed and I could see new entry in the database. The only problem now is that I didn't receive any email for verification. I tried to login but failed.

I think all these can describle my problem with my PHP4 . Any idea ?

Thanks .....

--
Mohd. Aminudin bin Mohd. Khalid
Linux Software Engineer