Re: [Savannah-hackers] What's up?

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] What's up?
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:02:12 -0400

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 10:22:38PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Can you tell me what's happening with the work on these problems?

Actually all the problems stated are already solved :) or not in our
hands to be fixed.

> Whan can we do to help you work on them better?

Honestly I do not know... all problems stated below seem to be because
sysadmin has not enough man power.

> (Don't bother with #5--that's not your area, and I know that the problem
> is the viruses.)
>

> 1) I've been unable to get the latest release of arch uploaded to the
>    web site.  The request went in 20-Aug and the autoresponder said
>    "most responses occur in 24-48 hours, not counting weekends and
>    holidays".  (Followup messages have not been answered.)

I do not see the connection with Savannah for this problem.  sysadmin
should take care of this.  I do not know how releases were handled
before the cracking of ftp/fencepost.

Could it be that now the files have to mailed somewhere?  It seems so
because an autoresponder.

> 2) After the security problems on ftp.gnu.org, there was talk of
>    setting up an alternative means of doing unattended uploads.
>    That was originally advertised as being planned for the first week
>    of August.

This --- I think --- is for address@hidden or at least for the
people maintaining ftp.gnu.org

> 3) The protest page on the front page appears to be broken --
>    the image fails to load after a long wait.

That could be because the ffii site was beging under heavy load
(slashedotted).  Anyway I didn't see anything strange when I viewed
the frontpage (I did so several times).  I'll place the image local
when the anti-swpat page is put back in place. (It's removed now).

The image was not local.

> 4) I can not edit my www.gnu.org/projects/gnu-arch pages very easily
>    because this item:
>
>       http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=2340
>
>    is still unresolved.

I responded to it Fri 08/29/2003 at 18:23.  Syncs are done once a
day.  In the near future they should be run once an hour.

The problem was that when you updated your website (via CVS) that it
didn't show on the webserver.  In the past (when gnudist wasn't down,
I do not know why it is down now) a sync was done on commit.  Again
not realy much we can do about it.  I have contacted sysadmin and
system-hackers with this problem several times.  I finally got an
answer from Paul with the answer I gave.

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org