Code reindent (was: new upstream release?)

From: William Hubbs
Subject: Code reindent (was: new upstream release?)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 10:23:07 -0600

Hi Halim,

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 11:11:55AM +0100, Halim Sahin wrote:
> hi,
> As wrote before using tab stops is a bad idea because
> different edittors would handle indentation not in the same way.
> I prefer spaces not tab for indentation.

That is exactly why tabs should be used, because it allows the user to
configure their editor to show the indent levels at whatever width they
want. If you use spaces, not only do you take that ability away, but I
think it is much harder to deal with using speech. I don't like counting
spaces at the start of lines to figure out which indent level I am
working at. I find tabs much easier to work with.

William