Re: Fw: Re: [Savane-dev] About Savane with python

From: Vanderson Martins do Rosario
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [Savane-dev] About Savane with python
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 20:17:29 -0300

Just to know, the project that I sent about rewrite Savane with Python will be just disregarded? So, if I want to do some thing to the GNU I will need to write a other proposal?
Thanks.

Vanderson M. do Rosario

2012/4/3 Jose E. Marchesi <address@hidden>

   > As a consequence:
   >
   > - the "Savane" confusing section of the GSOC ideas must be removed
   >    _right now_

   I agree, remove it for now.

Done.

   I'd love to have a student help out and should have probably paid
   attention to the GSoC announcement so that we could have formulated a
   plan.

   Right now there are two things a student could do that would be very
   helpful.

   1) Help with UI overhaul to make Savannah look more modern (in PHP
   codebase).
   2) Write a project evaluation tool.

Even though savane is not GNU software there is still room for
ideas/projects related to the savannah installation.  If you can
formulate these ideas in a way suitable for the SoC then please submit a
description to this very list so we can add them to the ideas page.

--
Jose E. Marchesi         http://www.jemarch.net
GNU Project              http://www.gnu.org