Re: Success in an SGI Origin 200 running IRIX6.4 and bug in libtclobjc

From: manor
Subject: Re: Success in an SGI Origin 200 running IRIX6.4 and bug in libtclobjc
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 09:34:37 -0700

> If I have that line (with the 0) the simulations seem to stop, then work,
> then stop again...

Did you do both (change OBJECT_AS_TCL_COMMANDS to 0 _and_ set do_special_hack
back to 1) ?

> Besides, there is a comment before the line, saying OBJECT_AS_TCL_COMMANDS
> should be defined as 1 or 2, if I didn't misunderstand it. Am I correct?

Yes, but keep in mind that the comments are due to the original tclObjc
author and the actual code has been through two other people already
(Nelson and myself).

What worries me is this - as far as I can tell the version of libtclobjc
available from SFI, namely:

 ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm/needed-software/libtclobjc-1.1b6.tar.gz

has OBJECT_AS_TCL_COMMANDS set to 0 and do_special_hack set to 1 and
this should not cause a crash... If it does then we should find out
exactly why. Unfortunately, your email message reported errors with
a version of tclobjc that already had modifications from the 'standard'
one, so I'm wondering how the basic setup would have worked...

Regards,

Manor.