Re: Success in an SGI Origin 200 running IRIX6.4 and bug in libtclobjc

From: manor
Subject: Re: Success in an SGI Origin 200 running IRIX6.4 and bug in libtclobjc
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 15:12:27 -0700

Excellent news! The Origin 200 is a great machine!

However, I was surprised at your comment about the following line:

  #define OBJECTS_AS_TCL_COMMANDS 2

The version I downloaded ( libtclobjc-1.1b6 ) has:

  #define OBJECTS_AS_TCL_COMMANDS 0

Anyway, the do_special_hack code is an attempt to avoid calling
__builtin_apply() because on certain architectures (HP?) it seemed
to crash (this may have been taken care of in the latest versions
of the objc runtime).

My bet is that if you set OBJECTS_AS_TCL_COMMANDS to 0 you will
be able to set do_special_hack back to 1. However, since you are
not facing bizarre crashes due to __builtin_apply() there is no
need to do this...

Regards,

Manor.