Re: SWARM and the Information Economy.

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: SWARM and the Information Economy.
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 07:37:58 -0600

Mr M.H. Butler writes:
 > I don't think this is clogging up the list serv at all; I don't think
 > discussion of tactical models (Rob Kewler) awhile back would do either.
 > No offence to anyone, I think its actually much more appropriate than
 > the fairly basic Linux / Unix questions this list receives.
 >
 > What is the general consensus on this?
 >
 > If it really does create too much traffic then maybe we should create a
 > new list; I gather Swarm modelling is supposed to be about models and
 > not code, so most of the code questions end up here. Maybe we need to
 > separate the installing / running Swarm support from the coding
 > support?

Well, I'm not sure what the consensus is; but, the discussion of
Casey's model *belongs* on the Modelling list.  The division
between the two lists is modelling vs. support, meaning to imply
that the modelling list is for discussion of models and their
implementation in Swarm and the support list is for discussion of
problems, bugs, suggestions, and general code support.

There's been some discussion of having just an install list; but,
I tend to think that fracturing the list prematurely would do
more harm than good.

So, feel free to discuss the details of implementing a model on
Swarm-Modelling.  But, try to keep those focussed usage questions,
like "Passing arguments in a list" on Swarm-Support.

glen
--
{glen e. p. ropella <address@hidden> |  Send lawyers, guns, and money!  }
{Hive Drone, SFI Swarm Project         |            Hail Eris!            }