Re: Need help installing libtclobjc

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: Need help installing libtclobjc
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 17:45:23 -0400 (EDT)

Were you able to get the configure script to find
everything?

I suspect that the X include files and library archives are
in a subdirectory of /usr.  Perhaps, /usr/X11R6 or
/usr/openwin, or /usr/gnu/ or /usr/local/X11R6. Are any of
those directories there?

If you don't feel like hunting around for these files you
could always try "find /usr -name X11", but that shouldn't
be necessary.

Anyway, once you find the include and library files for X
(if they are there) then your probably have to set the
XINCLUDE_DIR and XLIBRARY_DIR environment variables (as the
libtclobjc INSTALL instructions suggest) so that the
configure script can find them.

Let me know how it goes...

Ken.

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Michael Friedlander wrote:

> I'm trying to get libtclobjc set up on my machine and am running into
> difficulties.  I've just installed Red Hat 4.2.
>
> After ./configure I get the following errors:
>
> checking for X... (cached) no
> checking for X11 header files
> Warning: couldn't find any X11 include files
> checking for -lXwindow (cached) no
> Warning: couldn't find any X11 library archive.  Using -lX11
>
> Which files do I need, where do I get them, and where do I put them?
>
> I would appreciate any help.
> Yours,
> Michael Friedlander

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427