Re: Images

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: Images
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:10:14 -0600

Katherine Roberts wrote:

> Is there any way to display colour images, so for example agents can be
> represented as pictures rather than single pixels,

Yes. There is support for Pixmap images in Swarm, on the Obj-C side,
anyway.
Heatbugs has an example, note the png file in the distribution and you
need to use a compiler flag to make it use it.
I think it would be
make EXTRACPPFLAGS=-DUSE_PIXMAP

 or to have a background
> image rather than colour?
No, I've not heard of that. I don't think it is technically possible,
except in the sense you could draw a color on each point in the raster.
The sss package (look in user contrib/anarchy for it) has an example
like that.