Re: Images

From: Darren Schreiber
Subject: Re: Images
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:20:51 -0800

I am also wondering if using the Canvas libraries would help in this situation. To me, Canvas seems a lot more flexible than the pixmap/raster options. Not exactly sure how one would go about this however.

        Darren

Katherine Roberts wrote:

 Is there any way to display colour images, so for example agents can be
 represented as pictures rather than single pixels,

Yes. There is support for Pixmap images in Swarm, on the Obj-C side,
anyway.
Heatbugs has an example, note the png file in the distribution and you
need to use a compiler flag to make it use it.
I think it would be
make EXTRACPPFLAGS=-DUSE_PIXMAP

 or to have a background
 image rather than colour?
No, I've not heard of that. I don't think it is technically possible,
except in the sense you could draw a color on each point in the raster.
The sss package (look in user contrib/anarchy for it) has an example
like that.

                 Darren Schreiber
                  Attorney at Law
                 Graduate Student