Re: Images

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: Images
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:12:31 -0600

Katherine Roberts wrote:

> The thing is... I'm writing it in Java. Are there any equivalent methods to
> write colour images to a raster in Java?
> Thanks,
> Katherine

Until now, NO! That's the reason I've been developing a Raster in
java/swing so I can write words and pictures on it. I posted it a while
ago in this list.  I got it worked out so I could write dots, words, and
shapes, but not yet pictures.

Marcus has urged interested users to dig into the swarm code base and
enable the Pixmap class. As I recall, it required some cleaning up of
objects that were returned from methods.