[Swarm-Support] SWARM;SantaFE Stock Market

From: Andreas Sauerwein
Subject: [Swarm-Support] SWARM;SantaFE Stock Market
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:46:35 +0200

Hi

Im student at the University of Innsbruck/Austria and I m currently writing my diploma thesis on agant based simulations of financial markets. Unfortunately I ve problems to run the SantaFe Stock Market Application (SFSM 1.0 and ASM 2.4). Currently I try to run it under CYGWIN

The Error line is:
In file included from AgentManager.m:367:
random.h:16 error: conflicting types for 'random'
/usr/include/stdlib.h:183
:error: previous declaration of 'random'
make:*** [AgentManager.o] Error 1

The README file says:
....In ASM-new-snap1, I've removed the random.h and random.m from this program, and replaced their functionality with Swarm library behave like a Swarm app. Every time you run it, you get the same random seed, unless you use the command line switch or input randomSeed of your own.

What does it mean?????
What do I have to do to run the SFSM
Is it better to try the applications with Fedora?

Thank you for your help!!!!!

Regards

Andreas Sauerwein

--