tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] External scoring system for tlf

From: David Quental
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] External scoring system for tlf
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:22:29 +0100

Hello Rein,

tks for the external scoring system for tlf.
I have uploaded tlf_score.tar.gz to the repositories. It should be untarred in the ~/tlf directory and will make a new directory scoring. There you will find a README.
I did it and works fine, but I have some doubts, due because I never participated in IOTA, so if I do a qso with an IOTA ref I get 15 points because a dxexpedition always sends number of qso and its IOTA ref, but if I do a qso with an english station located in London and that is IOTA ref EU-005, does it count 3 or 15 points???? I saw SDI software and there is a file named IOTA.REF, when I wrote a island callsign, ie, CU1CB (that belongs to IOTA ref EU-003) it showed me some IOTA ref's, all belong to Azorian Islands. Maybe for IOTA contest it is needed to add an IOTA file to allow TLF 'knows' where each callsign belongs to, it is my thought, probably it is wrong.
The progam(s) can:

* calculate the contest score from a raw tlf logfile containing only
        the mode, band, date, time, qso number, call and exchange.

* write a new log file in tlf (trlog) format containing mults and points
so you can check it.

* display results in real time during the contest.

* check cty.dat and sections files. (checkctydat.pl, testsections.pl)

Until now, I have programmed the SPDX RTTY contest and the IOTA
(cw/ssb/mixed) contest.

If you need it, please test it. I hope you like it.

I tested a bit and liked it too :) .
73,

Rein PA0R

PS: Of course you can use these modules for your own Perl logging
programs!!

Thanks, maybe I have no knowledges for it, but who knows in futur...

Best 73s.

CT1DRB
David Quental