tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] External scoring system for tlf

From: Bob Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] External scoring system for tlf
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:00:48 -0700

On Apr 10, 2006, at 7:22 AM, David Quental wrote:

Hello Rein,

tks for the external scoring system for tlf.
I have uploaded tlf_score.tar.gz to the repositories. It should be untarred in the ~/tlf directory and will make a new
directory scoring. There you will find a README.

I did it and works fine, but I have some doubts, due because I never participated in IOTA, so if I do a qso with an IOTA ref I get 15 points because a dxexpedition always sends number of qso and its IOTA ref, but if I do a qso with an english station located in London and that is IOTA ref EU-005, does it count 3 or 15 points????

Hello David,

That is not a problem. All island stations send the IOTA reference number, not just dxpeditions. Any contact with an island station is worth 15 points, dxpedition or not. The only exception is that if an island station contacts another island station with the same IOTA ref, it only counts 3 points.

Here are the pertinent portions of the rules <http:// www.contesting.co.uk/hfcc/rules/riota.shtml>:

6. EXCHANGE
Send RS(T) and serial number starting from 001, plus IOTA reference number if applicable (island stations MUST include the IOTA reference as part of their exchange). Do not use separate numbering systems for CW and SSB. Stations may be contacted on both CW and SSB on each band.

7.1 QSO Points – All entrants can work anyone, island or non-island. Contacts with non-island stations count 3 points. Contacts with IOTA islands count 15 points except that, if you are on an island, contacts with your own IOTA reference count 3 points.

I saw SDI software and there is a file named IOTA.REF, when I wrote a island callsign, ie, CU1CB (that belongs to IOTA ref EU-003) it showed me some IOTA ref's, all belong to Azorian Islands. Maybe for IOTA contest it is needed to add an IOTA file to allow TLF 'knows' where each callsign belongs to, it is my thought, probably it is wrong.

All that is needed is the IOTA reference number, which is part of the exchange, so that should not be necessary for the contest.

73,
Bob, N7XY
IOTA NA-065