tlf-devel

Re: Using hamlib for CW keying

From: Csahok Zoltan
Subject: Re: Using hamlib for CW keying
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 21:29:53 +0100

Hi Christian,

Yes, keying does work with the script. But as far I can see
there are two issues with hamlib keying:

- in-band speed changes are not supported. one can't send "+++TEST---"

- sending a large message could block rig interface until it gets queued.

Given the rig protocol (KY command) and the way hamlib supports it
I see no option to circumvent these.

WinKeyer on the other hand offers in-band speed change and winkeyerdaemon
provides the buffering for a cwdaemon compatible UDP interface.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

73,
Zoli