tlf-devel

Re: Using hamlib for CW keying

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: Using hamlib for CW keying
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 02:44:38 -0600

Thanks for that, Olaf.

Here is a crazy idea I had that someone might like to experiment with.
I thought of using a serial port multiplexer, assuming such a thing
exists and I found https://github.com/danielinux/ttybus as one of the
first hits, to have Hamlib and cwdaemon share the same port.  For the K3
and other radios that don't use hardware handshaking, this may work
well.  cwdaemon keys CW via the DTR pin and the K3 can be configured to
key CW via DTR or RTS.  In theory, since Hamlib and cwdaemon use
different pins, this should work.

Another idea is to not bother with a multiplexer and just direct Hamlib
and cwdaemon to the same port and see what happens!  So far I've not
tried this hare-brained idea myself...

73, Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB