Re: Tramp loads files but gets stuck always until C-g pressed.....with e

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp loads files but gets stuck always until C-g pressed.....with every shell tried and prompt
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 07:51:37 +0100

Christian Seberino <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the reply.....Is Tramp implemented with hg (mercurial)?

No, it has nothing to do with Tramp.

> As it happens my remote code is in a Mercurial repository but I had
> this bug when I tried to simply open the file..... So I'm confused how
> mercurial entered into it

Emacs always loads the package vc.el. When you open a file in Emacs, it
tries to find out whether this file is related to any VCS, and in case
of yes, it will tell you the status.

If you don't need vc.el, you shall disable it. Apply

(setq vc-handled-backends nil)