vcdimager-gui-devel

Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Re: Questions and stuff about the VCDXBuild/V

From: Fredrik Blom
Subject: Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Re: Questions and stuff about the VCDXBuild/VCDImager
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:02:14 +0200 (CEST)

Den 24 Aug 2001 skrev Herbert Valerio Riedel:
> btw, I've hit some limitation... :-/
> maybe you are more experienced here...
>
> I've tried the following one variant,
>
> <!ELEMENT meta ANY>
> <!ATTLIST meta
>   xmlns   %URI;   #REQUIRED
> >

> but then I hit a problem:
> XML namespaces does not handle importing DTD's :-(

For my purposes just a name and value attribute for the element would do (plus
eventual content), but it is of course not the best solution (and maybe not so
elegant :-)

> the first line is more or less following GNU/Linux conventions...
>
> some other examples:

<snip>
> but well, I can modify the --version output to have a different format,
> when the --gui option is given as well...
>
> e.g.
> <version major="0" minor="7" micro="10pre4" arch="linux-gnu/i686" />
>
> ...any other suggestions?

Well, it isn't that hard to do the parsing as I do right now, but of course the
suggestion You make would be very neat (at least to use when the initial
parsing would fail, I want to have my GUI backwards compatible as much as
possible)...

I must say that the --gui and -p options really made my report to the user very
elegant. Kudos for that!!!

Regards,
Rico