Re: Making AUCTeX ELPA releases from the master branch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Making AUCTeX ELPA releases from the master branch
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 08:45:20 -0400

>> Why do you need to look at diffs?
> In order to extract the version number.

I don't understand: it's right there in the file, you don't need
the diffs to extract it, no?

> Does :manual ("doc/auctex.texi" "doc/preview-latex.texi") tell elpa to
> build the docs again although the recipe's :make "all" did already build
> them (but at the "wrong" location)?

Yup (the two know nothing of each other).

> That would be ok for me; I would also be willing to add a special elpa
> make target moving the files or generating another top-level dir file.

You could also replace the "make all" with another target that doesn't
build the docs.
[ This assumes that the `:manual ...` thingy does successfully&correctly
  build the docs.  ]

> But I certainly want the additional benefit of having the docs linked.

That happens only if you use `:manual ...`.

        Stefan