Re: [can't compile the main branch]

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [can't compile the main branch]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 21:58:09 +0900

>>> Hence either
>>> 1) Uwe installs git

>> He does have Git installed.  He's just working in a directory that's not
>> under Git's control.

> That is correct. I prefer to clone the auctex devel repo with mercurial,
> since I am much more acquainted with mercurial, and therefore it is
> easier for me to make a new branch for testing, than it is with git.

I'm sorry, I was wrong about it. Uwe uses hg-git and the local repository
doesn't contain .git directory. I don't remember well what hg-git does,
but isn't there the "real" .git direcotry in the .hg directory? In other
words, I suspect the directory structure is

repo-dir -+- .hg ---------+- .git
          |               |
          +- bib-cite.el  +- FILES_FOR_MERCURIAL_REPO
          +- ...          +- ...

If this is correct, making symbolic link by
ln -s .hg/.git .
might be another mean to make gitlog-to-auctexlog work.

> I tried out also the repository that I cloned with git and encounter
> other problems, since my Emacs-repository-version  is

> "7bf17ceee8c2d347917541e143ce25609e90ebbb"

> Even though emacs-version tells me 29.0.50

> And therefore too old.

This is another problem. I suggest to use master branch and stay away
from main branch until Uwe can use emacs 29.1 or newer.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW