Re: TeX-documentation-texdoc

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: TeX-documentation-texdoc
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:52:11 +0100

Hi Keita,

Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

> Thus I think that AUCTeX need not collect the output now; it just has to
> look at the exit code. We can use `call-process' (with `executable-find'
> test in case that Texdoc isn't available) to run Texdoc.

thanks for looking at this.  I have one question: Would it make sense to
move the (executable-find "texdoc") further up in the function body?
Currently, we do:

(if arg
    (progn
      (insert (shell-command-to-string
               (concat "texdoc --list --nointeract " pkg)))
      (cond
       ((null (executable-find "texdoc"))
        (message "texdoc not found"))))
  (if (executable-find "texdoc")
    (message "texdoc not found")))

The way I see it the code executes texdoc and checks later if it finds
it, and then again further below in else part.

Or am I missing something?

Best, Arash