Re: TeX-documentation-texdoc

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: TeX-documentation-texdoc
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 20:55:51 +0900

Hi Greg and Arash,

> Great, it works now! It opens the requested file in the viewer and
> gives an error message if it does not exist. (Well, it often opens a
> file even if I give it a nonsensical string, like "ddddd", which opens
> the documentation for baskervaldadf -- but I assume that's a texdoc
> thing.)

Thanks for confirmation. I'll commit the attached patch #1,
incorporating Arash's suggestion.

To Arash:
I think I should go further to settle out the discrepancy between
`shell-command-*' and `call-process' by the patch #2. It also turns
INITIAL-INPUT argument for `TeX-read-string' into DEFAULT, taking
your effort into accout. What do you think about it?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine