Re: Aquamacs distro for OS X like behavior

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Aquamacs distro for OS X like behavior
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 13:28:24 -0400

> If possible, I would very much like to see that Emacs /allows/ us to
> customize its UI for a particular environment.

I think we all agree about it.

The mainstream Emacs will never be like the one you distribute because an
important consideration for it is that it should behave like Emacs
on other platforms, as opposed to your distribution which places more
emphasis on having it behave like other apps on Mac OS X.

But it's still a good goal to try and minimize the difference between
the two.  At least, to the point where your distribution is not a full
Emacs install but only an add-on.  An important consideration here is that
the same Emacs install should be able to accomodate users who want MacOSX
behavior and users who want Emacs behavior.

        Stefan