Re: Aquamacs distro for OS X like behavior

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Aquamacs distro for OS X like behavior
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:03:06 +0100

You're confused about what is meant by "theme" in the context of Custom. It's new in Emacs-CVS and is still very poorly supported/documented, but the
basic idea is that you can take your .emacs and say "here is my
DavidReitterTheme".

Oh, then I see - well that's exactly what I would want. That would allow us to integrate something like an OS X theme without mandating it. If such a theme would be supplied with a main version and switched on by default on OS X, I suppose one would want it to be well-tested. Even though the collection has been around for a while, I feel that we need some more feedback from users. We're getting this now - with some problems being genuinely due to our distribution.

for example to handle scrollbars correctly.

Please report any complaint you have against the scrollbar with
M-x report-emacs-bug.

I have reported this in various places, for example on emacs-pretest-bugs here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-pretest-bug/2004-03/ msg00110.html

and Steven Tamm and Yamamoto Mitsuharu have been made aware of it a while ago.
I have no plans to report the same problem again :-)

-- Dave