Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 02:17:57 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Nick Roberts wrote:
>
>    >  The GNU/Linux console currently does not appear to support
>    >  `xterm-mouse-mode'.
>
>    I think this should just say Linux console although I don't
>    really understand where the kernel ends and the operating system
>    begins.
>
> Neither do I, but Richard asked me to refer to it as "GNU/Linux
> console".

The console clearly is exclusively a feature of the kernel.  We render
ourselves ridiculous if we demand that people call the whole operating
system "GNU/Linux" to distinguish it from the kernel "Linux", then
call the console "GNU/Linux".  The whole point about "GNU/Linux" is to
make the distinction in the first place, to give credit where credit
is due.