Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:22:09 -0400

    I think calling it the GNU/Linux console could harm
    the GNU Project: it could create a backlash from kernel developers who are
    currently sympathetic to the use of GNU/Linux to describe the system.

In 20 years I have learned that it is a mistake to worry too much
about the possibility of exaggerated negative reactions.  They happen
once in a while, and I live with them.