Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 19:01:33 -0400

    The console clearly is exclusively a feature of the kernel.

The console is implemented by the kernel, but you use it to log in to
the whole system.  Thus, both "Linux console" and "GNU/Linux console"
are justifiable.

If we call it the "Linux console", everyone who isn't a wizard will
misunderstand and think it refers to the "Linux operating system".
The only way to avoid promoting this misunderstanding is to call
it the "GNU/Linux console".

Neither name is perfectly right, so my decision is to use the one that
doesn't hurt the GNU project.