Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 04:50:15 +0300

Hi Paul,

On 05.04.2020 03:07, Paul Eggert wrote:
I looked into this, and although it's no doubt fundamentally due to a slow algorithm, the slowness is exacerbated if you use -Og (which you appear to be using). Stefan's recent message hinted at this. I installed the attached into master to try to fix the -Og issue; please give it a try.

I seem to be getting a 2x perf improvement from this. Which is not bad.

Speaking of the patch, you might want to update the "Maybe in the year 2020" sentence as well (again). :-)