Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 10:55:07 +0200

>  > The basic slowness of Emacs over the past years is a direct consequence
>  > of that policy.
>
> How many users is that true for? When Emacs is slow for me, it's usually
because of very long lines. Is that the same issue, or a different one?

As mentioned in my answer to Stefan the most recent issue I noticed is
that mouse-wheel scrolling buffers for xdisp.c and dispextern.h consumes
100% of my CPU and still takes some ten seconds to complete.

> Is that the Black Edition 5000+ or the regular one? The Black Edition was
quite the thing in 2007. :-)

How would I find out?

martin