guix-devel

Re: Heads-up: New dependency on Guile-Gcrypt

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Heads-up: New dependency on Guile-Gcrypt
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 23:08:24 +0200

Hi Paul,

Paul Garlick <address@hidden> skribis:

> I tried a 'guix pull' as root and this time it completes.  However,
> there were warnings generated:

Could you paste complete commands and outputs?  That would help
determine the context of the warning/error messages you mention.

> Now all the guix commands I have tried generate:
>
> ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
> no code for module (gcrypt hash)

Since you’re upgrading from a very old checkout, note that you’re also
switching to the new “guix pull”, which populates
~/.config/guix/current.

To be sure you’re using the just-pulled ‘guix’ command, could you run:

  export PATH="$HOME/.config/guix/current/bin:$PATH"
  hash guix
  guix --version

?  What’s the output of this?

Thanks in advance,