guix-devel

Re: Heads-up: New dependency on Guile-Gcrypt

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Heads-up: New dependency on Guile-Gcrypt
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 10:54:55 +0100

Hi Ludo,

> Or am I missing something?

No, I don't think so.  Everything is working again after your bug fix.

I have just needed to introduce a couple of concepts in order to use
the ./pre-inst-env commands in the git checkout.  Firstly, I use a
development environment created by:

$ guix environment --ad-hoc guile gnutls guile-gcrypt guile-json nss-
certs

This adds the guile-gcrypt dependency and prevents the 'no code for
module (gcrypt hash)' error.

Then, for working on a new package ('my-new-package'), I create a new
environment:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix environment --pure my-new-package --ad-hoc guile-
gcrypt

Lastly, to build the package I need to define GUILE_LOAD_PATH:

$ GUILE_LOAD_PATH=$GUIX_ENVIRONMENT/share/guile/site/2.2 ./pre-inst-env
guix build -K my-new-package

An alternative would perhaps be to install guile-gcrypt in the user
profile (or a separate profile as suggested by Pjotr).  Then use
GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/home/paul/.guix-profile/share/guile/site/2.2.

Best regards,

Paul.