guix-devel

Re: Heads-up: New dependency on Guile-Gcrypt

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Heads-up: New dependency on Guile-Gcrypt
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 19:14:40 +0200

Hello,

Paul Garlick <address@hidden> skribis:

> I have just needed to introduce a couple of concepts in order to use
> the ./pre-inst-env commands in the git checkout.  Firstly, I use a
> development environment created by:

Once you have run ‘guix pull’, the ‘guile-gcrypt’ package is known and
it’s an input to the ‘guix’ package.  Thus, from there on, simply
running:

  guix environment guix

should give you an environment that contains guile-gcrypt, guile-json,
guile, and the whole shebang.  In that environment you should be able to
hack on Guix itself.

Does that make sense?

In anyway, if you found a way out, that’s good.  :-)

Ludo’.