guix-devel

Re: Dropping gzip-compressed substitutes

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Dropping gzip-compressed substitutes
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 00:06:34 -0500

Hi again,

Syncing /var/cache has finally finished, after copying 16 TiB from the
old array in about 16 days:

rsync warning: some files vanished before they could be transferred (code 24)
at main.c(1330) [sender=3.2.3]

real    17019m52.264s
user    147m58.061s
sys     686m3.528s

I've now pushed d4b73e1 to guix-artwork which is a blog post about the
sunsetting of gzip substitutes, planned for next month, which should
allow to shave 6.5 TiB of that amount.

Feel free to edit it to correct any typo or other mishaps I may have
made.

With this, we have about 3 weeks to devise the script needed to sanitize
the narinfo files.

Thank you,

Maxim