guix-devel

Re: Some team related thoughts and questions...

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: Some team related thoughts and questions...
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 12:58:46 +0100

Hi Vagrant,

On ven., 06 janv. 2023 at 10:42, Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> wrote:

> More I wanted to look through the patch text rather than the package
> descriptions. It would ideally catch things like "reproducible" or
> "deterministic" in comments in patches as well as git commit summary.

Well, IIUC, your point would be to have teams based on “topic“ referred
by search term in patches.  Why not, although it is far to be
implemented, I guess. ;-)

BTW, I would recommend to give a look at lei [1,2] from the Guix package
public-inbox.  For instance, over the last 12 months, all patches
containing the terms ’r-build-system’ and ’reproducible’,

1. Extract from a public-inbox instance:

    guix shell public-inbox \
         -- lei q --threads --dedupe=mid \
         -I https://yhetil.org/guix-patches/ -o /tmp/Mail/patches \
         'dfn:gnu/packages AND b:r-build-system AND b:reproducible AND
rt:12.months.ago..'

2. Read it with a mail reader support Maildir:

    guix shell neomutt -- neomutt -f /tmp/Mail/patches

where

   dfn:     match filename from diff
   b:       match within message body, including text attachments
   rt:      match date-time range, git "approxidate" formats supported
            Open-ended ranges such as `d:last.week..' and `d:..2.days.ago'
            are supported

1: <https://public-inbox.org/lei.html>
2: <https://public-inbox.org/lei-q.html>

Cheers,