Re: [savannah-help-public] Creating Web Pages in Savannah

From: Arthur Schwarz
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Creating Web Pages in Savannah
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 09:39:10 -0700

Hi Bruno;

And thanks. I hope to demonstrate by my continued persistency that I am not
only exceedingly inept but that I am also a nuisance.

A small preface. I don't know cvs. I do have a half dozen or so of books,
plus the Savannah FAQ's plus, would you believe, a couple of resources for
GIT (which I also don't know). It not that the body is unwilling but that
the mind is unable. The quantity of reading material exceeds my ability,
which is why I am seeking help. And I thank you for your effort.

Being a real newbie, I can only 'experiment', that is, try something which
in pure ignorance is available, and which there is little hope for success.
Because I know so little about CVS there is a great difficulty in
identifying the cause of my errors and generating a reasonable scheme for
their solution.

I have tried your suggestions, the results are given below. The lack of
connectivity and the rejection of the request is, it seems, typical of where
I am now. I don't know how to solve the connectivity issues.

The ability to succeed or fail at using
http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/?root=gslip nmy browser appears
transitory. It has failed, and it has succeeded. Maybe the failure was do to
Savannah maintenance.

Any and all help is significant and I thank you for it. If you have an idea
of how I can discover (and solve) my own problems then I will be
extraordinarily pleased, but, the statement of 'read the manual' makes me
pause. Which manual? And how many pages is it? The GIT manual has 540pp, and
I'm not done. So the page count is of and by itself an issue, not that I
won't be attempting something.

Thanks
Art

PS: By the bye, now that I have an international reputation I get
international spam. Sigh.