Re: [savannah-help-public] Creating Web Pages in Savannah

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Creating Web Pages in Savannah
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 13:33:12 -0400

Hello, Arthur!

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 08:42:35PM +0000, Arthur Schwarz wrote:
> Ok, I give up. I just deleted my local CVS and started again:
> rm -rf WebPage/*
> cd WebPag
> cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/web/gslip co .

This is a wrong command; you should checkout using your login:

export CVS_RSH=ssh
cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/web/gslip co gslip

In order to do this, you'll need an access to your ssh key
(the key you registered in your Savannah account); by the way,
ssh may not find it if you generated a key with a non-default
name (e.g. ~/.ssh/savannah-key.pub and ~/.ssh/savannah-key
rather than ~/.ssh/id_rsa and ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub); you'll need
ssh-agent in order to use such keys.

> cp (various > data into subfolders)
> cvs login

You don't need cvs login, just cvs add, like this your command:

> cvs add index.html

...and then

cvs commit index.html

> cvs [server aborted]: "add" requires write access to the repository

This is because you checked out web pages anonymously.

> I've tried to do my homework and not ask foolish questions, foolish
> though those questions might be. But the gnu system is
> impenetrable.

I'm sorry you have so many troubles; sometimes it's really hard
to make it for the first time, but then it's much easier.

Hope that helps.