Re: [savannah-help-public] Creating Web Pages in Savannah

From: Arthur Schwarz
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Creating Web Pages in Savannah
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 20:42:35 +0000 (UTC)

Ok, I give up. I just deleted my local CVS and started again:
> rm -rf WebPage/*
> cd WebPag
> cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/web/gslip co .
> cp (various data into subfolders)
> cvs login
> cvs add index.html
cvs [server aborted]: "add" requires write access to the repository

So I can't get access to my directory to do an add. This sort of makes sense because [gslip] Index of /gslip has no CVS information in it (CVS/ or CVSROOT). Since the instructions in http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gslip/?root=gslip&sortdir=down specifically say that cvs is to be used this provides some uncertainty as to my real worth. It seems I don't understand how cvs can be required and not available.

This effort started as a result of the Gnu maintainer manual http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Hosting-for-Web-Pages.html#Hosting-for-Web-Pages. It clearly and specifically does not provide a clue as to where the web page savannah archive might be, as I bitterly decry any attempt for me to be useful.

I've tried to do my homework and not ask foolish questions, foolish though those questions might be. But the gnu system is impenetrable.

I am attaching the entire web page project in case there is some clue in it that can prove helpful. To untar do tar xvj WebPage.tar.gz or tar xfa WebPage.tar.gz.

On Friday, October 16, 2015 9:20 AM, Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Arthur!

Em Thu, 15 Oct 2015 00:28:32 -0700
"Arthur Schwarz" <address@hidden> escreveu:

> then click on 'viewvc' then click on gslip.
>    b. I was not able to see my folder using
> http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/?root=gslip

This works just fine for me.  Try again.

> 2: cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/web/gslip login failed to
> recognize my Savannah password but requested a CVS password.

Have you tried this:

  export CVS_RSH=ssh
  cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/web/gslip co gslip

--
88888  FFFFF Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
8  8  F    http://oitofelix.freeshell.org/

- GNU ccd2cue maintainer
- GNU Savannah hacker
- GNU webmaster
- GNU web translation team coordinator (Brazilian Portuguese)
- GNU audio and video maintainer
- DMOZ free software editor (Portuguese)
- UFU FAMAT PET member
- SDF Public Access UNIX System ARPA member
- Riseup user and supporter

Please, support my work: http://oitofelix.freeshell.org/funding.html

[GNU DISCLAIMER] I'm a GNU hacker, but my views don't necessarily
match those of the GNU project.  Hereby I express my own opinion,
style and perception, in good faith, aiming the betterment of GNU.