[savannah-help-public] [sr #109340] Checking for new files with "cvs -qn

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109340] Checking for new files with "cvs -qn update" always times out
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 03:55:26 -0400 (EDT)

The CVS/Root file looks okay. And with that exact repository everything is
still working okay for me with 'cvs -qn up' and so there doesn't seem to be
anything wrong with the savannah repository lock files. I also couldn't find
anything in logs around that time that would indicate a problem.

The DNS looks okay. cvs.savannah.gnu.org (and all of the aliases for it) point
to 208.118.235.201 correctly. The FSF has had one DNS nameserver ns3.gnu.org
offline for as long as I can remember. This has been reported and is known by
the FSF admins.

The system vcs.savannah.gnu.org is the old cvs server and it should no longer
be reachable from the outside world since when we moved the cvs service to
vcs0 earlier this year. The system itself is still up an online hosting the
data but is now an NFS server serving the data to vcs0 for cvs hosting.

With all of the above checking out okay I don't know what is the problem.  So
we should continue to debug things.  I am not sure the most efficient twenty
questions to ask.  So will ask some questions but not necessarily in a good
order.

Can you access other repositories such as git, svn, or other? All of those
would use ssh and if it works or fails would give a good clue as to whether
this is specific to cvs or if it is a network routing problem or perhaps an
ssh problem. I'll suggest 'hello' but any project is okay as long as it is by
ssh.

git clone ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/hello.git

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109340>

  Message sent via/by Savannah