[savannah-help-public] [sr #109340] Checking for new files with "cvs -qn

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109340] Checking for new files with "cvs -qn update" always times out
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 04:25:54 -0400 (EDT)

I don't like that you are getting host key change warnings because the host
keys of git.savannah.gnu.org have not changed for years. However I think this
is something funny with your ssh client because previous keys, that have not
changed, are RSA keys but your client is listing a changed ECDSA key.  ECDSA
keys are new with the new servers and have not changed since their creation.
Probably your client is doing something funny there.

Host key fingerprints are listed here:

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SshAccess/

I was hoping using git over ssh would show some problem and it would indicate
a problem with the route to the host or a problem with ssh or with your ssh
configuration.  But it did not.  You don't have specific ssh configuration for
cvs.sv.gnu.org that is different from git.savannah.gnu.org?

Therefore I must suspect your cvs client software now. I would not think there
would be any large difference in cvs client software because it is very mature
now. No new releases in years. But if ssh is working for git then I must
assume it will be working for cvs too.

Other than this I can't think of anything else to try. Anything else I think
of to try is all somewhat complicated.  Such as trying through fencepost or
other system with a known good cvs installation. I tried that just now and
verified no problem for me.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109340>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/