Re: Problem connecting to webdav share with path in sharename using Tram

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Problem connecting to webdav share with path in sharename using Tramp
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 15:25:19 +0100

manuel.deljesuspe@gmail.com writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Manuel,

> 1. Using dav instead of davs throws the following error:
>
> tramp-error:
> org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code0 Error
> HTTP: Moved Permanently
>
> It does not even ask for a password or anything.
>
> 2. Trying to only open the share gets into the same loop of infinitely
> asking for the password.
>
> 3. The output of 'gio mount -l' is copied below. It does not depend on
> whether I have the share mounted on Nautilus or not.
>
> Drive(0): WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-1T00-1002
>   Type: GProxyDrive (GProxyVolumeMonitorUDisks2)
> Volume(0): manuel.deljesuspe@gmail.com
>   Type: GProxyVolume (GProxyVolumeMonitorGoa)

That doesn't help either.

I've analyzed further the backtrace you have send the previous
message. It's still a mystery for me.

> 16:39:05.005870 tramp-gvfs-handler-askpassword (6) # "Autenticación requerida
> Introduzca la contraseña para «HTTP Commander»:" "hstuser" "" 9

Until here everything is as expected. You are asked now for the
password. The difference to my use cases is that it is written in
Spanish, but this shouldn't matter. I don't know what "HTTP Commander"
means in this context, but since it is just a message - so what.

tramp-gvfs-handler-askpassword calls then tramp-read-passwd, which calls
password-read, which calls read-passwd:

>   backtrace()
>   tramp-error((tramp-file-name "davs" "hstuser" nil "srvname.hstname.es" nil
> "/hcwebdav/Home Hstname/OrgMode" nil) quit "")
>   tramp-signal-hook-function(quit nil)
>   read-passwd("Password for /davs:hstuser@srvname.hstname.es: ")
>   password-read("Password for /davs:hstuser@srvname.hstname.es: "
> "/davs:hstuser@srvname.hstname.es:")
>   tramp-read-passwd(#<process *tramp/davs hstuser@srvname.hstname.es*>
> "Password for /davs:hstuser@srvname.hstname.es: ")
>   tramp-gvfs-handler-askpassword("Autenticación requerida\nIntroduzca la
> contraseña p..." "hstuser" "" 1)

And the latter returns with the quit signal. As you have said.

Strange. Instead, it should ask you for the password interactively, and
return the string. What happens, if you eval (still in your 'emacs -Q' session)