ac-archive-maintainers

Re: Policy: Versioning Macros In The Archive

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: Policy: Versioning Macros In The Archive
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:04:48 +0100

Peter Simons wrote:
> Guido Draheim writes:
>
>  > I have started to use those *.log files that will
>  > register meta-information for the macros
>
> In the name of the lord, Guido, please don't over-react now!
> Do you realize what you are doing? If you put meta-data into
> a _different_ file, presumably one that isn't even
> distributed with the m4 sources, then I won't be able to
> copy any macros macros from your site!
>
> I sat down and built that cool synchronization mechanism
> that synchronizes your efforts into my CVS repository, and
> now you intend to break it?
>
> What am I supposed to do now? Do you want me to categorize,
> edit, and maintain all those macros myself?
>
> I tell you, if you take the meta-data out of the m4 sources,
> then ... uh, then ... well, then I can't do shit about it.
>
> Perplexing, isn't it?

*ROTFL* the log files are in (synchable) cvs and the m4 sources
may contain meta-data as well - and I was telling it a couple of
times explaining how it is beneficial to help in _not_ editing
the submitter macro. I am not taking any meta-data out of the
m4 sources. - C'mon, go on twisting words, don't stop after
just four paragraphs, I am worth more flames, pleeease *ROTFL*