[Adonthell-general] Not able to get control of gnome-terminal after late

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Not able to get control of gnome-terminal after latest update
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:07:48 +0530

Hi all,
    I have set up adonthell-tools, adonthell-build, adonthell and
wastesedge in /usr/local/src/ (an arbitary place set by me). This was
done around a month or two back and everything was good.

Every few weeks now and then I try for a checkout doing a
$git pull origin master

in all, i.e. adonthell, adonthell-tools and wastesedge hoping for
something new to try.

Today received some new stuff. Git log shows the following commit.

commit f19204e06f84aa2fba8c0f0216435163dd08b6a3
Author: Kai Sterker <address@hidden(none)>
Date:   Sun Jan 16 17:42:35 2011 +0100

    ADDED list layout to arrange widgets vertically or horizontally
    FIXED some issues with scrolling

did the usual, do the ./autogen.sh in adonthell and do the rest of the
compilation in ~adonthell-tools.

Made sure that while configuring in adonthell-build not to use
--enable-dev-build

 /usr/local/src/adonthell-build$../adonthell/configure --prefix=/usr/local

 Configure, make and make install went without an hitch.

The hitch comes when I went to the adonthell-build/test directory and
tried the two commands.

/usr/local/src/adonthell-build/test$./worldtest -g ../../adonthell/test data

and

/usr/local/src/adonthell-build/test$./worldtest -g ../.. wastesedge

in the first instance I just get a screen with an arrow and nothing else.

In the second instance, I do get the world but whenever our model/hero
goes out of the edge/falls down again get the screen with just the
arrow .

Now in both the cases, I get a screen with an arrow and no way to shut
them down. I tried ESC and TAB buttons as well as CTRL+C in order to
close the game/world but was not able to be successful.

The only way to shut down the screen seems to be to go to some TTY and
then do a system restart .

I tried killing the pid of the command but for some reason that also
didn't work.

Looking forward to knowing more.
--
          Regards,